Call Us ASAP!
We understand how stressful it is to come home to a clogged sewer line – an evening without a working toilet, a shower or clean dishes is never enjoyable.
We also know how difficult it is to manage a business or office without running water. Sometimes, the business can’t operate at all until normal operations are resumed, or the cause of the sewer gas smell is remedied.
That’s why we are available when you need us. Evening and weekend services are available to help you relieve the stress. With video cameras to quickly diagnose the problem, power augers, and vacuum trucks to remove water and sewage, we have the tools and expertise to get things back to normal as soon as possible.
Important Steps When Sewage Backs Up
- A great first step is to call us! We can answer any questions you may have in these stressful times.
- Recognize that raw sewage can contain dangerous pathogens and gases – this needs to be cleaned immediately, preferably by an experienced professional. If you do it yourself, after the initial cleaning, use four parts water and one part bleach to disinfect. And remember, we have vacuum trucks to remove water and worse!
- Don’t use your sinks, toilets, laundry, or dishwasher until the obstruction is cleared – the used water could back up through your floor drain or shower.
- Check your sinks, tubs, and toilets for obstructions, and call us if you can’t identify or clear them.
- If there is standing water in the basement, don’t enter until the power is shut off. If you must enter, wear rubber boots, rubber gloves, safety glasses, and a mask.
- Remove porous materials that have been dirtied. This can include carpets, underlay, laminate flooring, drywall, and upholstery.
- Document the damage with photos – they will be of value in the case of an insurance claim.
- Finally, talk to us about installing a sewer backup valve as a preventative measure.
How to Prevent Future Sewer Emergencies
- Have us regularly remove tree roots from your sewer line. If the roots are on Regina city property, you may even receive reimbursement for the cost from the city.
- Call us if you have gurgling or a slow drain in more than one area – this is a sign of tree root growth or an obstruction in your mainline.
- Avoid putting fats, oils, and grease down the drain.
- Don’t flush “flushable” wipes.
- Find out where the cleanout for your main drain is before an emergency.